The upcoming Integrated Systems Europe is just a few weeks away. Hence, we took a moment to prepare a piece to help you get ready for ISE 2023 and get the most out of your experience at the event. Here we will share our top tips for CEOs and also some valuable advice from our board members Mark Ossel, chairman of the board, and Bastiaan Amsing, treasurer of the GSA.
Things to consider as a CEO before going to Integrated Systems Europe (ISE) 2023
Integrated Systems Europe (ISE) is the world’s largest trade show for the professional AV and electronic systems industry. As a CEO, it is important to make the most of your time at the show by considering the following:
- Networking: ISE is a great opportunity to network with industry professionals and potential partners. Consider scheduling meetings with key contacts and making time to connect with new people.
- Product launches: If your company plans to launch new products at the show, make sure you have a solid plan in place for promoting and demonstrating them.
- Industry trends: Take some time to research the latest industry trends and technologies that will be featured at the show. This will help you stay up-to-date and identify potential opportunities for your business.
- Competition: Keep an eye out for your competitors and what they are showcasing at the show. This will give you an idea of what they are focusing on and how you can differentiate your company.
- Education: ISE offers a range of educational sessions and workshops on a variety of topics. Make sure to attend some of these to stay informed and gain new insights.
- Budget: Trade shows can be expensive, so it’s important to have a budget in place and stick to it. Make sure to allocate funds for travel, accommodations, booth space, and any other expenses.
By considering these factors, you can make the most of your time at ISE and maximize the benefits for your company. Of course, you don’t have to do everything on this list, just the items that are relevant to your organization.
Veterans’ advice for making the most out of your ISE experience
Before we go to the nitty gritty stuff, allow us to introduce Mark and Bastiaan. Mark Ossel is an experienced senior manager, and a board member, with a demonstrated history of working internationally (EMEA) in the electrical utility (Smart Grids), ICT, building automation, and the electronic manufacturing industry. He is also a certified non-exec board member in various (digital) signage and AV companies with a focus on ICT, Sales, and Marketing. Here’s what his advice is for first-time Integrated Systems Europe (ISE) 2023 goers:
“My advice is to take time to fully prepare before the event. Learn everything that you need to know before ISE. Think about which lectures you want to attend, which company booths you want to visit, and the after-hours cocktails you want to enjoy. Make a list of all activities relevant to you and your business, and follow that plan during the ISE. On that note, don’t drink too much during the evenings, so you can make use of the day time.
“In advance of the event, make sure you visit the exhibition website and pick out the key companies and people you’d like to speak with, note down their stand numbers, and map a route. Don’t forget to pop down and visit us at the GSA stand (6F645) and learn how you can increase your networking opportunities and meet like-minded business people.
“Check the conference program and block the presentations you are interested in in your agenda. If you are interested in “Developing New Revenue Streams with Engaging Digital Signage” taking place as part of the Tech Talks on February 1st, 17.20-18,00 at CC4.1 make sure to include this GSA’s presentation in your calendar!”
Bastiaan Amsing is the founder of the Global Signage Alliance, a not-for-profit organization that encourages knowledge exchange between digital signage industry experts. He is also the co-founder and CEO of MagicInfo Services, the official distributor of MagicINFO licenses and cloud solutions. Bastiaan is passionate about exploring new technological innovations. Having attended over [number of ISE events] Bastiaan has learned a thing or two and this is his advice to CEOs going to ISE 2023:
“My advice to CEOs going to the ISE for the first time is to pack a pair of comfortable smart sneakers that will allow you to be on your feet all day long. It may sound obvious but you would be surprised how many people bring formal shoes that ruin their feet during the first day of the conference, making their experience unnecessarily difficult.
“Take breaks! In all the excitement it can be easy to forget to recharge your batteries. Why don’t you visit the GSA booth (6F645) to sit down, rest, check your emails and relax while enjoying a chair massage, a neck attack if you will!”