On May 16th and 17th, MAPIC Italy returns!
The 7th edition of the event dedicated to the Italian commercial real estate market will be held in Milan at the Superstudio Maxi, with the central theme of “The Era of Responsible Retail: Common Commitment for a Better Future.”
More than 2,000 participants and over 600 retailers are expected to attend.
MAPIC Italy, the reference event dedicated to the real estate market in Italy, returns to Milan on May 16th and 17th, intervening this year in a context of geopolitical and economic change and uncertainty, with new and important challenges for market players who have responded by confirming their participation.
“The 2023 edition of MAPIC Italy will analyze the profound transformations taking place in the retail industry and will seek to answer the questions and challenges that market players must face in a context of market uncertainty and energy crisis. We are now entering a new era: the era of responsibility; responsibility that is individual and collective as an industry. The challenge in the coming years will be to combine responsible development and business growth.”
This is how Francesco Pupillo, Show Director of MAPIC & MAPIC Italy, anticipates the central theme of this 7th edition of MAPIC Italy, “The Era of Responsible Retail: Common Commitment for a Better Future.”
The year 2022 presented new and unexpected challenges for the commercial real estate market and the retail sector. The use of new technologies and the increasing attention to the climate emergency have contributed to transforming consumer behavior in recent years, bringing to light new and more flexible business models.
This transformation has been accelerated in the last two years by the pandemic crisis first and the conflict in Ukraine last year, which has led to market uncertainty, rising energy costs, and significant inflationary pressures.
The brands and players that will be most successful in the coming years will be those that are able to demonstrate greater transparency in their actions, with an authentic message of responsibility, ethics, and attention to resources and the environment, placing the human factor and experience at the center of their business.
Roberto Zoia, President of CNCC and Director of Patrimony, Development and Management Network at IGD SIIQ SPA, agrees:
“The 2023 edition of MAPIC Italy will focus on the theme of sustainability, understood in all the declinations that the ESG acronym summarizes. The shopping center industry comes to this important meeting and exchange with the players in the sector, having closed the last year with a turnover almost entirely aligned with pre-Covid. A decisive result, made possible by the commitment of operators in planning and activating sustainability initiatives. If the shopping center format continues to be so attractive, it is precisely because it can intercept new sensitivities and respond to the evolution of consumption behaviors, offering a mix of products and services that increasingly focus on responsible, attentive, and innovative retail.”
This will all be MAPIC Italy 2023, which this year will open a new area dedicated to energy efficiency and innovation in the middle of the exhibition area, continuing to play its key role as a window on the sector, supporting all market actors and helping them navigate a world of constantly evolving retail real estate.
THE PROGRAM AND CONTENT
The extremely rich program of events and content. Among the topics that will be covered:
- Sustainability: How to combine business growth with human experience and care for the planet, factors that today have a concrete and immediate impact on business by influencing the decisions of all players in the value chain, from investors to end consumers. MAPIC Italy will present 3 conference sessions on the topic, a selection of new solutions to reduce the environmental impact of real estate assets and an exhibition area dedicated to service providers and solutions serving the industry.
- New Retail: spotlight on the new generation of retailers, with brands founded on values that meet the needs of an increasingly ethical consumer. MAPIC Italy will offer two sessions presenting new sustainable and ethical retail concepts.
- The Evolution of Commercial Assets: Mapic Italy will once again showcase major real estate regeneration and development projects, increasingly mixed-use, reflecting the current trend to create new social places built around the needs of the individual.
- Food & Leisure: MAPIC Italy’s program will analyze the evolution of the F&B and Leisure sector in Italy, with examples of how food and leisure concepts can integrate into retail locations improving the consumer experience.
- Innovation: MAPIC Italy will present the latest innovations that make it possible to increasingly respond to consumer needs and improve the customer journey. New solutions in the areas of data collection and analysis, integration of artificial intelligence into brands’ decision-making processes, and more efficient management of resources and product stocks will be presented during the event and within the dedicated exhibition area.
Major players in the commercial real estate industry have already confirmed their participation in this year’s edition of the event. The exhibition area is now fully confirmed or optioned.
The following will be at MAPIC Italy 2023: KLEPIERRE, BNP, SVICOM, PRADERA, EUROCOMMERCIAL, SAVILLS, CBRE, IGD SIIQ, CARMILA, CUSHMAN & WAKEFIELD, MULTI, NHOOD, GRANDI STAZIONI.
Numerous brands have also confirmed their participation in MAPIC Italy 2023 thanks in part to the support of partner associations Confimprese, Federfranchising, Assofranchising.
Among the confirmed brands are Kids and Us, Pandora, Lush, KFC, Primark, La Cannoleria Siciliana, La Torre Giochi, Douglas, LIDL, ALDI, Foot Locker, NEW LINO’S COFFEE, DENTALPRO, Takko Fashion.